Let’s face it, Manila is a work of wonder when it comes to weather. Most days, it feels like the sun is mad at you cause of the blistering heat one has to suffer. Other times, the heavy rains would just pop out of nowhere. Recently, I’ve noticed that the Philippines (being in the Pacific Ring of Fire and near the equator) takes a lot of time to actually feel cold. I recall how when I was younger, whenever October or November hits, a cool breeze always greets me in the morning and cools me at night. Nowadays, because of climate change, the weather has run its course. That’s one thing I’d like to change about the Philippines (aside from other physical things) is for it to have at least four seasons. How wonderful it must be to change your outfit looks at least a quarter in a year!
One of the best things to look forward to during November, is the upcoming holiday seasons and the cool breeze that would slide through our faces once December comes. Now, every girl (or even a boy) doesn’t want to look drab. Just because the weather makes you feel lazy, doesn’t mean it has to reflect on your outfit too. Every girl needs to have at least one fabulous fall coat (yes, even us Filipinos living in sunny Philippines). And now I am here to help you find your perfect fall coats or blazers or jackets, that I am loving as of today.
So without further ado, here are my top 10 fall/winter coats that you’ll surely love. Click on the picture to find out where to buy, how much it costs and why I love it. :
So January has quickly passed by and we are now down to just 11 months before 2014 kicks in. I’ve recently want to publish a few of my favorites of the month. I know it’s a bit late for a January Favorite Post but I think it’s never too late to post these few quirks of mine that I’ve been loving this month of January and hopefully you’ll love them as well.
1. Benefit That Gal Brightening Primer – You can never go wrong with Benefit! My generous uncle has previously given me a sample size of Benefit That Gal Primer that is included within the Confessions of a Conceal-a-holic Kit. And this is by far my most favorite primer of all time. By rolling the screw from the bottom part of the bottle it will squirt out an ample amount of the primer where you will rub it in your fingers and dab to your face. What you will get is an instant brightening of the face. You can either use it with or without makeup/foundation. I love how sweet it smells when you get it out of the bottle, and how as you dab it on to your face, your face will instantly lit up because it gives a very sheer glow.
2. Nivea Creme Moisturizer – I’ve recently purchased this without my mom’s consent. She said that it would make my skin more oily but it has proven otherwise! This product has been around decades ago, probably when my grandma was born and it is amazing on the skin especially if you have normal to dry skin like I do! It leaves your skin moisturized, soft and supple like a new-born baby’s skin. I’ve also noticed how fast it can make my pimples dry up and it never leaves any blemishes after a couple of days!
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green – Utter Perfection (You can read my rave reviews about this book here.)
4. RadioLab Podcast – I give it up to Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich for creating this program and keeping me company during sleepless nights when my thesis happened. Their radio podcast are very entertaining as they mix and match science and the art of storytelling through audio effects. With just a couple of episodes per day, you can actually learn something new about the world we live in and they make it as relatable as possible. From Genghis Khan to the art of Deception, who says science needs to be boring when you have these two! RadioLab is a free podcast that you can download at the iTunes store. You can also check out cool yet informative articles about their show and their guests here.
5. Mango Tweed Blazer – January has become one of the coldest seasons here in the Philippines for 2013. So whenever cuddle weather is on, this blazer is my go-to-jacket. I got this on sale from Mango for 1,400 pesos (it was about 20% off?) and it reminded me so much of Chanel’s signature black jacket. Anything that reminds me of Chanel, I quickly grab it and this one is no exception! With its tweed clothing material plus the gold chains that wraps along the lining, this can quickly glam up any outfit from just t-shirt and jeans and some tank top and shorts. Kudos to Mango for this, I’m loving you more than ever! You guys should also check out their cool blog about fashion week as well as cool parties to attend via their blog “Keep The Beat”. And have you guys heard? Miranda Kerr is the new face of Mango! <3 <3 <3 I totally agree with them in having Miranda as their New It Girl! She defines all that it is to being a Mango Girl! Not that I love Kate Moss, ScarJo and the Cruz Sisters, but there is something cool and eclectic about Miranda that makes her unique! :) More power to Mango!
You can see me rocking this blazer a month ago via my twitter:
Here are some more ideas for this jacket that I scoured over the net:
So that’s basically my five favorites for the month of January! :) I can’t wait to post more as I am done with thesis. Hopefully I can update this more often that I used to.
Whoops by the way for those of you who are asking whatever happened to me and my thesis, I passed my Thesis Defense and was awarded Best Thesis for the Non-Traditional Advertising Campaign. So WOOT for that :) I’m practically over the moon and on the cloud nine after hearing that. I’m still enjoying my quick break before school comes back again.